With all the turmoil surrounding performing in live venues, the WKT has decided to move the 2020 WKT North American Open tournament online. This year, along with our Open category for singers 18+, we have 2 additional age categories: Junior for singers aged 13 to 17 and Masters for singers 50+. The winners of the Junior and Masters divisions in the tournament will be crowned Champions and will win direct entry into the 2020 WKT World Singing Championships. The winner of the Open division will win direct entry into the World Championships and will also compete in a sing-off against the current North American Champion for the title belt.
This event is open to all singers worldwide who meet the eligability criteria.
- May 18 – 30 — Preliminary Round — Upload your video submission to worldkaraoketour.com until 11:59 pm pst May 30, 2020.
- June 1 – 7 — Fan Voting — Top 20 move onto Semi-finals
- June 8 – 10 — Semi-Finals — Singers upload video
- June 11 – 14 — Judges and Fans Vote – Top singers move to Finals
- June 17 — Finals — LIVE Finals
preliminary round – Step-by-step instructions:
- Record yourself singing a song to Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Vimeo or Dailymotion.
- Any style of music. Song length must be a minimum of 30 seconds to a max of 5 minutes.
- Create a WKT Connect account on worldkaraoketour.com
- Add your video to the contest page.
- Choose age category: Junior (13-17), Open (18+) or Masters (50+)
- Share your entry via social media and compete against other singers from around the globe. Gain new fans and have them vote for you!
- Top 20 singers from each category in the preliminary round will advance to the semi-finals.
Good luck and have fun!
2020 WKT NORTH AMERICAN OPEN – preliminary rd
Hallelujah – Teena Amador
David McGlade cover “Dancing on my own” by Calum Scott
MY HEART WILL GO ON
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road – Kassie Bulman
Joey Zierath-Lowe – Supermarket Flowers by Ed Sheeran
Nick Pound – Too Good At Goodbyes